Visakhapatnam - The Jewel of the East Coast
Visakhapatnam certainly has plenty to offer everyone, from the beach bum to the culture vulture. This southeast India port city has eight beaches, as well as hilltop parks, a natural preserve, tunnels, wildlife sanctuaries, temples, sacred Buddhist monuments, and a fascinating underwater museum. Visit the aromatic coffee fields in the Araku Valley on a day tour.
Best time to visit: Oct-To-Mar
Things to do: Have a Paintball Match, Submarine Ride, Ride a Ropeway, Go Wildlife Spotting
HOW TO REACH VISAKHAPATNAM
- Flight - Flights are frequently available from Vishakhapatnam Airport to many important Indian cities, including Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, and Hyderabad. The airport is away from the city's center nearly 16 km. The tourists can simply get here by pre-paid cab. From Visakhapatnam, you may fly to Delhi, Mumbai, and other significant cities.
- Rail - The primary route from Chennai to Delhi includes the train track that connects Vishakhapatnam with other railheads. To get to the train station, there is decent bus service in the city.
- Road - Vishakhapatnam, often known as Vizag, has excellent public transportation options. From the major cities in south and central India, there are many roads leading to the city, including Chennai (829 km) and Hyderabad (620 km).
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Local Bus - APSRTC operates bus services that travel the entire city since inhabitants of Visakhapatnam prefer using city buses to travel throughout the city and its outskirts. The majority of buses are centralized at the APSRTC facility in Asilametta, and Simhachalam and Pendurti both have BRT systems.
- Cab - Taxi Service is a popular mode of transport in Visakhapatnam as taxis are easily available. Smart taxis can be accessed through the very popular mobile app-based taxi services like Ola Cabs.
- Auto/bike - You can also rent two-wheelers such as bicycles and motor bikes and travel across the city. Auto rickshaws and cycle rickshaws are also popular options.