Singapore - Live it up in Singapore!
This little island city-state is a study in contrasts and fusions, brimming with delights just waiting to be discovered. Tranquil gardens border futuristic towers and opulent retail malls. A vibrant street food scene and world-class restaurants provide several opportunities to taste and drink your way across Singapore's gastronomic melting pot. Your first vacation to Singapore will demonstrate that the finest things sometimes come in little packages.
Best time to visit: Dec-To-Jun
Things to do: Skydive, Explore Sea Aquarium, Have Fun at Adventure Cove Waterpark,, River Safari
HOW TO REACH SINGAPORE
- Flight - The city from which you depart would determine the length of your flight. The 3,920 mile journey from Mumbaitakes roughly five and a half hours. Even though the distance is merely 2920 km, it takes 4 and a half hours to get there from Chennai. Depending on any layovers, it takes between 5 and 6 hours from Bangalore, a garden city. Another frequently travelled route is from Hyderabadto Singapore, and direct flights there will take you less than 5 hours. Similar to Mumbai, it would take five and a half hours to get there from the nation's capital, New Delhi. You can choose from a wide range of airlines as well, such as Singapore Airlines , Air India, and IndiGo.
- Sea - Surrounded by water and a longtime leading port, Singapore has plenty of cruise operators, be it luxury or premium options. The Marina Bay Cruise Centre and Singapore Cruise Centre welcome some of the largest cruise liners in the world. They have routes from neighbouring countries and the docking points are conveniently located.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Metro - Singapore’s famed MRT system is the fastest way to get around and there’s always a station just minutes from any attraction or neighbourhood. You can buy an unlimited pass for the duration of your stay or each day and use it as much as you need.
- Taxi - If you prefer the road but not driving, taxis are your best bet. But note that it’s not always easy to hail one, especially during peak night hours or the shift change between 4-5pm. On the plus side, it’s all metered.
- Bus - Use the EZ-Link Card on the extensive bus system of Singapore which can take you to almost every part of the island. Oh, and they’re all air conditioned so you never have to worry about that tropical heat.
- Car - Opt for smaller car rental services as they are cheaper. Then, you have the convenience of moving around Singapore as you please, along the well-planned road network. Oh and guess what, they drive on the left side of the road too! Just remember to carry your license.
Singapore is a definitely a Trending Vacation Destination! It is not only famous for Top Tourist Attractions, it is also popular for Singapore Cuisine. TravelNags have put together a list of must-have food dishes/drinks for you, don't leave your Singapore Tourism incomplete without trying out Best Food.