Vijayawada - India's Ancient City- Famous For Sacred Temples And Pilgrimages
Vijayawada is a majestic city and it is located in the coastal area of Andhra Pradesh in the southeast India that borders the Bay of Bengal. The city of Vijayawada is renowned for its outstanding architecture, breathtaking scenery, and historic temples. Ornate Kanaka Durga Temple, one of the well-known pilgrimages this city is recognized for, is one of the most well-liked temples here. This magnificent medieval town is well-known for its many gorgeous things to do and locations to see.
Best time to visit: Dec-To-Feb
Things to do: Explore The Intricate Undavalli Caves, Boat Riding At Bhavani Island, Expedition At Kondapalli Fort, Shop At Besant Road
HOW TO REACH VIJAYAWADA
- Flight - Vijayawada Airport, which is located in the city and is connected to Visakhapatnam, Tirupati, Kadapa, Hyderabad, Coimbatore, Bangalore, Chennai, and Delhi, is serviced by the majority of airlines, including Air India, TruJet, Jet Airways, Jet Connect, SpiceJet, and Air Costa. The airport will be able to accommodate larger aircraft with night landing capabilities according to plans for its development.
- Rail - The second-largest railway junction in India is in Vijayawada, which serves as a crucial connection point for the rail system in South India. It is located along the Howrah-Chennai main line and the Delhi-Chennai line and provides train connections to every city in the south as well as to all major Indian cities and towns. There are eight other railroad stations in Vijayawada that service the heavy rail traffic.
- Road - The NH-5, also known as NH-16, NH-9, also known as NH-65, and NH-221 or NH-30, also known as NH-30, connected to other regions of the nation. State-run APSRTC buses with more than 450 city buses, including Metro Express, Ordinary, and City Sheetal, with varied amenities including A/C, are available at the Pandit Nehru Bus Station. There are deluxe, ultra-deluxe, A/C, and Volvo coaches available for private interstate bus services.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Local Bus - To ensure more efficient public transportation, Vijayawada has built the Bus Rapid Transport System (BRTS). A network of CNG-powered buses managed by the Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) connects the entire city. Buses from Pandit Nehru Bus terminal travel across the entire city, and it is a very active bus terminal.
- Rental - Through online booking, a variety of vehicles, including deluxe, standard AC, non-AC models, and others, are available for reservation. One can choose from a variety of tour packages, including sight-seeing, adventure, honeymoon, pilgrimage, corporate or business excursions, from a number of car rental providers, including Clear Car Rental, Savaari Car Rentals, and others.
- Cabs - To meet one's needs for intra-city transportation, the city offers a wide variety of taxi services. Private taxi drivers have a variety of alternatives when it comes to the types of vehicles they might use. There are intelligent taxis available, including popular mobile app-based taxi services like Ola Cabs. The sole restriction is that they are not meter-run, despite the ease with which they may be found. Vijayawada, however, offers pre-paid car kiosks at bus and train stations where one can prepay for the ride and obtain a receipt to ensure no overcharges. You can board one of the numerous cycle rickshaws for a relaxing journey.