Guntur - Land Of Chillies- Infamous Destination Of India For Chillies
As the "Land of Chilies," Guntur is well-known throughout Asia for its sizable chilli market yard. It is Andhra Pradesh's third-most populous town and is located 30 kilometers from the country's recently designated capital, Amaravathi. It is now better recognized for its industrial expansion in the export of chilli-related goods worldwide. Guntur is a fantastic weekend escape from Hyderabad and is sure to pique the interest of both the history buff and the business guru in you.
Best time to visit: Oct-To-Mar
Things to do: Visit the Falls and Dams, Have a picnic out in the Nature, Explore the uncrowded Attractions
HOW TO REACH GUNTUR
- Flight - Flight - Gannavaram Airport is the closest airstrip. It is 17.9 kilometers away from the metropolis of Vijayawada. Along the Guntur route, it is 35 km to get there. There are bus and taxi routes that run between Vijayawada and Guntur.
- Rail - The primary train hub for Guntur is Guntur Junction Railway Station. It has excellent connections to both domestic and international locations. This stop serves a large number of express trains, regular trains, AC trains, and non-AC trains.
- Road - The regional office of the public sector transportation company Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Company (APSRTC) is located in Guntur. It offers frequent bus service to and from Guntur as well as to nearby states and locations throughout the state, including Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Nellore, and others. A/C, non-A/C, luxury, semi-deluxe, and standard buses are available. Both locals and visitors alike love using private transportation services. Orange Tours Travels, Morning Star Travels, Sri Srinivasa Travels, and others are a few examples of private businesses.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Local Bus - The local bus infrastructure in Guntur is reliable. In addition to the main metropolis, these buses also travel to nearby suburban and rural regions. They are run by both public and commercial entities. The primary government-owned transportation company operating in the region is APSTRC.
- Cab - In Guntur, three-wheeled auto rickshaws are the most widely used form of transportation and they are widely accessible all over the city. Local cab firms and nationally recognized online cab services like Ola Cabs have both made their marks in the city.
- Rental - In order to explore the city and its surroundings, tourists frequently hire cars in Guntur. Clear Car Rental, Guntur Cars, Savaari, and others are a few of the vehicle rental businesses. Another choice is to rent a bike.