Srisailam - Religious Abode Of Andhra Pradesh- India's Sacred Destination
One of the eighteen Shakti Peethas of goddess Parvati, the holy Malikarjuna Jyotirlinga is located in Srisailam, a hill town in the Kurnool region of Andhra Pradesh. A wildlife refuge and a dam can be found in Srisailam, which is located on the banks of the Krishna River. By visiting one of the many magnificent temples in the city, such as the one devoted to Lord Shiva (known as the Sikhareswara Swamy Temple) or the well-known Bhramaramba Mallikarjunaswamy Temple, which is situated at a height of about 457m above sea level, you can ask the favors of the Almighty. The Srisailam hills are near to the Nallamala forest ranges, which are home to a diverse variety of flora and fauna.
Best time to visit: Oct-To-Feb
Things to do: Cable Car At River Krishna, Explore A Tiger Reserve, Find Out Akkamahadevi Caves, Seek Blessings At The Sacred Temples
HOW TO REACH SRISAILAM
- Flight - Currently, there are no direct airplanes connection to Srisailam. The closest airport to Srisailam is in Hyderabad, Rajiv Gandhi International Airport.
- Rail - Srisailam lacks a direct train connection. About 60 kilometers from Srisailam, in the Cumbum district, is the closest railway stop. Regular passenger trains and fast trains are both available from Cumbum to Srisailam.
- Road - There are frequent bus routes that run to and from Srisailam. They run on a regular basis from locations like Nellore, Vishakhapatnam, etc., day or night. For the same journey, you can also use shared taxis or cabs.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Local Bus - There are multiple buses running throughout the day, from every bus stop. You can also ask your hotel staff to inform you the timings.
- Cabs - You can easily find a cab or book one online! They are accessible from every corner of Srisailam.