Kakinada - Sixth Largest Tourist Destination Of Andhra Pradesh In India
Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh is a metropolis that successfully combines a modern way of life with a charming old-world atmosphere. While one side highlights the region's rich cultural legacy, some other side will astound you with its achievements in industrialization and artistic magnificence. Kakinada, also known as the "fertilizer city," is a well-designed industrial hub where urban living becomes more convenient as a result of growth. The city is filled with all kinds of amusement for all kinds of visitors, from shopping centers to nightclubs.
Best time to visit: Oct-To-Mar
Things to do: Stroll Along The Longest Coastline, Go Temple Hopping, Street Shopping, Gawk At The Beautiful Top Attractions
HOW TO REACH KAKINADA
- Flight - Rajahmundry Airport is the closest airport to Kakinada because it lacks its own terminal. From Kakinada, the airport is about a one-hour journey away. Kakinada city is roughly 163 km from Visakhapatnam Airport, the closest foreign airport. To get there, you can take flights from locations such as Hyderabad, Pune, Nagpur, Mumbai, and Bangalore.
- Rail - At a traveling distance of three km from the city, Kakinada Junction is the closest railway station to Kakinada. Samalkot Railway Station, which is 12 kilometers away from Kakinada, is the second-closest railway station.
- Road - The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) and some private transport services connect Pithapuram, 42 km from Anaparthy, 57 km from Amalapuram, 62 km from Rajahmundry, 109 km from Narsapur, 216 km from Vijayawada, 304 km from Pamunuru, and 464 km from Hyderabad.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Local Bus - As one of Andhra Pradesh's more modern cities, Kakinada has a well-developed municipal transportation system. Using the municipal bus service run by the Kakinada Municipal Corporation is an option (KMC). You can use the electric buses that they recently debuted. However, avoid taking a vehicle during rush hour because it is extremely crowded.
- Auto - The second option is to use the 24-hour neighborhood auto-rickshaw service. However, check the price before boarding one of those.
- Taxi/Rental - A private taxi can be hired for an entire day or two, as a third option. They typically ask between 1k and 1.5k per day. You can haggle and come to a mutually agreeable agreement.