Araku Valley - Beautiful Hill Station Destination To Relax And Swoon Over
The valley is well known for its delicious coffee, gorgeous, lush scenery, and vibrant tribal culture. Araku Valley has long been a popular tourist destination because of its stunning climate, spectacular waterfalls, lush green woods, and expansive coffee plantations.
Best time to visit: Sep-To-Feb
Things to do: Explore The Hidden Caves, Enjoy Parasailing, Have Fun At The Countryside
HOW TO REACH ARAKU VALLEY
- Flight - Considering Araku Valley is a hill station, it lacks a proper airport. However, the closest city, Visakhpatnam, has a major airport with frequent domestic and international flights. As a result, you may fly to Vizag from every location in India, including Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, and Bengaluru. Regular flights from Air India, SpiceJet, and IndiGo to Vizag make it easy to travel to Araku Valley from Vizag.
- Rail - Trains with passengers runs daily from Vishakhapatnam railway station to Araku Valley, to the Araku railway station. It takes roughly seven hours to travel. You can take a taxi, a bus, or any other mode of transportation to your destination or to explore the area after arriving at the train station.
- Road - A few bus companies in Vizag offer transportation from the city to Araku. Once you get in Vizag, the Andhra Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation (APTDC) also provides a bus service that can be reserved. Self-driving is the greatest option, but you can also reserve a private cab. This will you an opportunity to take in the breathtaking scenery of the valleys.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Auto-rickshaw - The most economical and sensible option is traveling by Auto. The auto drivers won't be charging a lot and you can easily negotiate with them, but since their region language is Telugu, it might be difficult for you to converse with them.
- Cab/Taxi/Car - The other best option is by car. Either rent a car or hail a cab/taxi, you can travel freely and without any limitations.