Gandikota - A Quaint And Charming Village Attraction Of Andhra Pradesh
Appealingly renowned as the 'Grand Canyon of India', Gandikota is a tiny and picturesque village in the Kadapa region of Andhra Pradesh. The hamlet, which is bordered by River Pennar on the right, is well-known for the breathtaking gorges the river has carved through the Erramala Hills.
Best time to visit: Sep-To-Feb
Things to do: Explore Belum Caves, Enjoy Views From Gorge-Pennar River, Visit Architecturally Rich Temples, Kayaking And River Rafting
HOW TO REACH GANDIKOTA
- Flight - Flight- The closest airport to Gandikota that has good connections is Bengaluru International Airport in Bangalore. The remaining 345 km (6 hours) to Gandikota can be traveled by bus or rented vehicle after taking a flight to Bengaluru.
- Rail - There are three train stops close to Gandikota: Jammalamadugu (18 km), Kadapa (77 km), and Tadipatri (85 km).
- Road - The most popular way to get to Gandikota is by car. Since the highways between the big cities are kept in good condition, the drive is not taxing. Depending on where you're coming from, the duration may be anywhere between 6 and 9 hours. Additionally, Gandikota has good road connections to the main towns and cities.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Cab - If you plan on staying in Gandikota then you have two options of daily commute! One of them is by Cab, you can choose cabs and negotiate the fair beforehand!
- Auto-rickshaw - The other option of commute is by Auto! You can easily ask one of the hotel staff to arrange an auto for you and negotiate with them!