Tirupati - Tirupati's temples, undulating hills, valleys
Tirupati is a sacred city that attracts both visitors and religious pilgrims, who go to the Ancient Lord Venkateswara Temple, which is famed for its elaborate Dravidian design and gold-plated dome. Every day, prayers are performed at this prominent temple, which is located high in the Tirumala hills. Several additional temples may be found throughout the area, and the verdant landscape is home to countless waterfalls. Tirupati also has a unique, naturally formed pre-Jurassic stone arch that is 25 feet long and 10 feet high, making it one of only three in the world.
Best time to visit: Nov to Feb
Things to do: Pay Homage To Balaji, Take A Dip In The Holy Waters, Witness The Beauty, Explore The History
HOW TO REACH TIRUPATI
- Flight - Tirupati airport is nestled in the region of Renigunta. You have to cross only 15 km distance from the core of the main city. Frequent flights are accessible from other major Indian metropolis such as Chennai, Hyderabad and Bangalore to this place.
- Train - The main railhead of the place is Tirupati Railway Station that is linked with railway stations like Bangalore, Chennai, Visakhapatnam, Madurai and Mumbai. Renigunta rail station is very close to the city and is at a distance of 15 km. Renigunta lies in Trivandrum-Delhi route.
- Road - One inquiring about how to reach Tirupati need not worry as there are multiple buses that run in between the major cities towards Tirupati. The prominent transport agencies of the region are APSRTC and KSRTC buses which link every part of Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka with Tirupati in that order. There are numerous buses from Tirupati to Bangalore(253 km), Chennai (158 km) and Hyderabad (558 km) which will make your journey more comfortable.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Local Bus - You can board state-run buses to travel around the city of Tirupati. The buses prove to be a relatively cheaper means of transport in Tirupati.
- Taxi - The best way to travel around the temple city of Tirupati is by hiring/renting a cab or taxi. There are many places of interest to visit in Tirupati and travelling to these places by a car or taxi is comfortable and easy.
- Foot - Since most of the attractions, especially the temples, are located in close proximity to each other, walking to the attractions is also a good option. During winters, walking in the temple streets of Tirupati is very pleasant.
One Of The Best In Different Varieties Of Taste