Reis magos fort - The Oldest And Beautiful Fort In Goa- A Stunning Significant Fortress
One of the first forts constructed by the Portuguese, Reis Magos Fort is still standing today in all of its grandeur. It is one of the earliest forts in Goa. It was one of the first Portuguese forts constructed to defend the estuary of the Mandovi River from invaders, more than fifty years before the more well-known Fort Aguada.
Best time to visit: Oct-To-Feb
Things to do: Banana boat rides, Dolphin spotting, Fishing, Bumper boat ride, Jet skiing and Beachside trekking
HOW TO REACH REIS MAGOS FORT
- Flight - The only Airport in the state is at Dabolim, close to Vasco da Gama. With at least 20 arrivals each day from India and middle-eastern nations like Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Muscat, Doha, Dubai, and Kuwait, it serves both local and foreign air traffic. The top carriers with regular service to Goa include Jet Airways, GoAir, Indigo, Air India, Qatar Airways, and Air Arabia. Many visitors travel to Goa via charter flights from the UK and Russia.
- Road - A large portion of Goa relies on privately operated buses and government-run buses maintained by the Kadamba Transport Corporation because the state does not have a daily train service.
- Rail - Goa is served by two Railway routes: South Western Railway and the Konkan Railway routes. The former is a line dating back to the colonial period that links the port city of Vasco with Belgaum, Hubli, etc. The Konkan Railway line, which was built in the 1990s and links Margao to cities along India's western coast, is a more recent (and welcome) addition. Roadways were people's preferred method of transportation when traveling from west coast cities like Mumbai before the Konkan Railway line was put into service. The state capital of Panaji lacks a railroad stop. There are two significant railroad stations in Goa: Madgaon and Vasco Da Gama.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Tuk-tuks - Enjoy the day and explore the day travelling in Tuk-tuks and reaching places at the cheapest cost.
- Rent a Bike - Scooters and Bikes are available to rent for a day or days.
- Local Bus - APSRTC has bus services traversing the length and breadth of this city as residents of Visakhapatnam prefer city buses that extent across the city and its suburbs. The majority of buses are centralized at the APSRTC facility in Asilametta, and Simhachalam and Pendurti both have BRT systems.
- Cab - Due to the abundance of cabs in Visakhapatnam, taxi service is a well-liked form of transportation. The extremely well-liked mobile app-based cab services like Ola Cabs provide access to smart taxis.