Bundi - The Famous Blue City Of Rajasthan
Bundi, also referred to as the blue city of Eastern Rajasthan, is a tiny oasis-like city situated in the southern Aravalli Hills. It is renowned for its mansions, forts, paintings, step wells, and palaces, among other tourist sites. Bundi is renowned for being a community of stepwells.
Best time to visit: Oct-To-Apr
Things to do: Explore Bundi Paintings, Shop Souvenirs, Admire Forts and Legacy, Sightseeing Top Attractions
HOW TO REACH BUNDI
- Flight - The nearest airports for international flights are Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi (467 km) and Jaipur International Airport in Jaipur (210 km). The closest airport for domestic flights is Kota Airport in Kota, which is 40 kilometers from Bundi.
- Rail - In addition to being well linked to all other towns in Rajasthan, Banaras, Agra, and New Delhi, Bundi has its own railway station, known as Bundi Railway Station. It is a part of Indian Railways' West Central Railway Zone's Kota Railway Division.
- Road - The roads going to Bundi are wide and smooth. Buses and private taxis are readily available from all the nearby towns, including Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Kota, and Agra, to get one to Bundi.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Taxi - The most convenient way is to grab a taxi or ask your hotel staff to help you with it! Ask and negotiate the price before stepping in it to avoid any arguments.
- Auto Tuk-tuk - The tuk tuk is a simple and affordable mode of transportation in Bundi. Tuk-tuk trips typically cost between 50 and 100 INR, but always negotiate a fare before getting inside.
- On Foot - Bundi is a very accessible city if you want to take in more of its lively streets. It doesn't take much effort to stroll the streets because the majority of the major tourism attractions are concentrated within a 2 km radius of the city center. Of course, if you're traveling outside of the sweltering summer, then get a tuk tuk.
Rajasthan is famous for multiple things and Food is one of them! Rajasthani food is engraved in people's heart because of its taste and flavors. Below is the list of Best Food in Rajasthan, Bundi for you to explore. Dal-bati, Mirchi bada, Pyaaj kachori, Kacchi Dabeli, Mutton Curry, Butter Chicken, Bhel Puri.