Bikaner - The Purple City Or Camel City- India's Top Historic Destination
The hue of Bikaner is a vivid purple, with Jaipur being the pink city and Jodhpur being the blue city. Bikaner, also known as "Camel Country," has a lot of eco-friendly getaways to offer and has a lengthy, rich history and heritage, as well as sand dunes nearby.
Best time to visit: Oct-To-Mar
Things to do: Shopping your heart out, Take a Fort Tour, Attend the famous Camel Festival, Camel Safari in Thar
HOW TO REACH BIKANER
- Flight - The airport closest to Bikaner is Jodhpur Airport. It has all of the most modern amenities. Public transportation makes it simple to travel by car to the airport.
- Rail - Lalgarh Railway Station and Bikaner Junction are the two train stations in Bikaner. Regular trains from Delhi, Jaipur, and Jodhpur land and travel from both of these stations.
- Road - The network of roads that link Bikaner allows for a comfortable road trip. Using both public and private buses, you can conveniently travel to your preferred location.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Auto - The city is filled with auto rickshaws, also referred to as tuk-tuks, which you can readily use. The price must be agreed upon beforehand. A motorcycle can also be rented, but you must be mindful of the risks associated with the road.
- Cab - One of the best methods to get from one place to another is to take a taxi or local cab. You must take into account the sweltering temperatures as well as the reality that many attractions are just a few kilometers away.
- Local Bus - There are numerous city buses that run between Bikaner and the nearby towns. Kota, Udaipur, Jhunjhunu, Delhi, Ganganagar, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Agra, Nadiad, Pali, Delhi, Ganganagar, and these other cities are the most well-liked metropolitan routes.