Gardens By The Bay - Singapore's Famous Botanical Gardens Is The Top Tourist Attraction
The futuristic botanic grounds of Gardens by the Bay, located in the heart of Singapore, are home to futuristic Supertrees groves, high-tech space domes, and bizarre sculptures. Gardens by the Bay, which is home to nearly 400,000 plants, is renowned for its breathtaking modern architecture and the hypnotic Garden Rhapsody light and music show. The 250 acres of reclaimed ground along the waterfront are home to the vast and colorful super park conservatories. As one travels the skywalk over the gardens, one is treated to a mesmerizing view of its famous Supertree creations, which are advanced botanical giants linked by a commanding Skyway.
Best time to visit: Anytime
Things to do: Visit The Future With This Concept, Admire The Botanical Garden, Take A Stroll Through Nature, Enjoy The Music Show
HOW TO REACH GARDENS BY THE BAY
- Flight - The city from which you depart would determine the length of your flight. The 3,920 mile journey from Mumbai takes roughly five and a half hours. Even though the distance is merely 2920 km, it takes 4 and a half hours to get there from Chennai. Depending on any layovers, it takes between 5 and 6 hours from Bangalore, a garden city. Another frequently travelled route is from Hyderabad to Singapore, and direct flights there will take you less than 5 hours. Similar to Mumbai, it would take five and a half hours to get there from the nation's capital, New Delhi. You can choose from a wide range of airlines as well, such as Singapore Airlines , Air India, and IndiGo. You can reach Clarke Quay faster by a flight!
- Sea - Surrounded by water and a longtime leading port, Singapore has plenty of cruise operators, be it luxury or premium options. The Marina Bay Cruise Centre and Singapore Cruise Centre welcome some of the largest cruise liners in the world. They have routes from neighboring countries and the docking points are conveniently located.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Taxi - If you prefer the road but not driving, taxis are your best bet. But note that it’s not always easy to hail one, especially during peak night hours or the shift change between 4-5pm. On the plus side, it’s all metered.
- Bus - Use the EZ-Link Card on the extensive bus system of Singapore which can take you to almost every part of the island. Oh, and they’re all air conditioned so you never have to worry about that tropical heat.
- Car - Opt for smaller car rental services as they are cheaper. Then, you have the convenience of moving around Singapore as you please, along the well-planned road network. Oh and guess what, they drive on the left side of the road too! Just remember to carry your license.
- Metro - Singapore’s famed MRT system is the fastest way to get around and there’s always a station just minutes from any attraction or neighbourhood. You can buy an unlimited pass for the duration of your stay or each day and use it as much as you need.