Fort Canning Park - Historical Singapore Hilltop Landmark With Importance And Beauty
Many of Singapore's historical turning points have been observed by Fort Canning Park, a famous hilltop landmark. The hill once housed the castles of kings from the fourteenth century as well as the Far East Command Center's and British Army Barracks' administrative centers. Following the British establishment of a port in this area in 1819, Fort Canning Hill developed into a significant transportation hub. A flagstaff was the first communication tool erected on the hill. A time ball, a lighthouse, and a telegraph station came after this in the 19th century.
Best time to visit: Anytime
Things to do: Check Out Artefacts, Visit The Nine Gardens, Get To Know The History, Stroll Through The Park
HOW TO REACH FORT CANNING PARK
- Flight: The distance traveled depends on the location from which you take off. It takes approximately five and a half hours to travel 3,920 miles from Bombay. Even though it is only 2920 km away, the trip from Madras takes 4 and a half hours. It takes between 5 and 6 hours from Bangalore, a garden metropolis, depending on any layovers. Hyderabad to Singapore is another commonly traveled route; direct flights there will take you less than 5 hours. From the nation's capital, New Delhi, it would take five and a half hours to get there, similar to Bombay. Additionally, there are many carriers from which to choose, including Singapore Airlines, Air India, and IndiGo.
- Sea - Singapore, which is surrounded by water and has long been a major port, has a wide variety of cruise operators, including luxury and premium choices. Some of the biggest cruise ships in the world are welcomed at the Marina Bay Cruise Center and Singapore Cruise Centre. The docking points are in a handy location, and they have routes from nearby nations.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- MRT - The Downtown MRT in Singapore stops at Fort Canning Station. Singapore's MRT route maps display this line in magenta.
- Taxi - Taxis are your best option if you favor the open road but don't want to drive. However, keep in mind that it's not always simple to call one, particularly during busy nighttime hours or the shift change from 4-5pm. Positively, everything is regulated.
- Local Bus - Use the EZ-Link Card on Singapore's vast bus network to get to almost any location on the island. Yeah, and they're all air conditioned, so the heat of the tropics won't ever be a concern.