Dwarka - A sacred Hindu pilgrimage town
Dwarka, a historic Indian city in Gujarat's Devbhoomi, is one of the most spiritually significant destinations to visit in Gujarat. This city is particularly well-known for the Hindu mythology that surround it. Pilgrims from all across the country come to see the temples located here. This city is linked with the Dwarka Kingdom, which is frequently described in Hindu texts connected to Lord Krishna. Dwarka is also admired for its close proximity to the Arabian Sea and the beauty of its shoreline. Tourists from all over the world come to see the tall and colourful temples found here. The island-like moods and rugged beaches make it one of Gujarat's finest tourist attractions.
Best time to visit: Oct to Mar
Things to do: Ride a Camel at Gomti River, Go Souvenir shopping, Take a ferry ride, Enjoy at flea markets
HOW TO REACH DWARKA
- Flight - The nearest airport is at Jamnagar, about 137 km away. The airport is well connected by flights from cities like Mumbai and Ahmedabad.
- Road - Dwarka has excellent vehicle access. Buses operated by the state and by private companies travel frequently to Dwarka from a number of Gujarati towns, including Ahmedabad, Porbandar, Rajkot, Vadodara, Amerli, and many others.
- Train - The Dwarka railway station is connected to the Ahmedabad – Okha rail route is an important railhead. Trains from Ahmedabad, Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bengaluru do halt at the station.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Auto - Tuk-tuk autos are available for you to commute through Dwarka to any destination, at a cheaper price.
- Taxi: Uber and Ola are available at any location! Ride at your convenience.