Ahmedabad - Manchester Of The East- Top Destination For Shopping
Ahmedabad is well known for its outstanding restaurants, vibrant night markets, top-notch museums, intriguing architecture, and exciting nightlife. If you have reserved flights to Ahmedabad and plan to tour this magnificent city, you should be aware of its famous for. Ahmedabad is the place to be if you enjoy architecture or are a history enthusiast.
Best time to visit: Nov-To-Feb
Things to do: Shop From The Best Markets, Explore The History, Amazing Nightlife
HOW TO REACH AHMEDABAD
- Flight - All important domestic and International Flights are connected to the city through Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport. It is one of Gujarat's busiest airports and is situated around 14 km from the city center. To reach any location within the city, visitors can easily hire a pre-paid taxi or cab at the airport.
- Rail - The Ahmedabad Municipal Transport Service (AMTS) and interstate bus services connect Ahmedabad to important Indian cities including Mumbai, Pune, Surat, Shirdi, Gandhinagar, and Udaipur via the road. It takes approximately 9 to 10 hours to travel the 530 miles by automobile from Mumbai to Ahmedabad via NH 8.
- Road - The city of Ahmedabad, also known as Kalupur Station, is connected to all of India's major cities, including Delhi, Jaipur, Mumbai, Goa, Bangalore, Hyderabad and more.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Auto - Hailing an auto will be easy! You can find one outside every street or posh areas. You can negotiate with them only if they are not booked through apps like Uber Auto or Ola Auto.
- Bus - The most secure method of transportation for most city destinations is a bus operated by the Ahmedabad Municipal Transport Service (AMTS). You will pay a minimum of INR 5 and a maximum of INR 30 for a pay-per-ride fare. The Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) is yet another more recent city bus service provided by Ahmedabad Janmarg Limited (AJL). Although the prices are a little expensive than AMTS buses, the service is believed to be smoother.
- Taxi - Your most effective choice, as is frequently the case in India, is to take a pre-paid taxi from the airport into the city. The 10-kilometer trip to the city core should cost between INR 200 and 300.