SRINAGAR - The summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir
On the shores of the Jhelum River, Srinagar, also referred to as "Heaven on Earth," is a city in the Indian state of Jammu & Kashmir. Shikaras, gondola-style rowboats, and fixed houseboats on Dal Lake are symbols of Srinagar. The ideal location for a wedding and family vacation, Srinagar is adorned with the serene Nigeen Lake and Dal Lake.
Best time to visit: Apr-To-Oct
Things to do: Shikara Ride, Skiing, Garden Visit, Houseboat Stay, Gondola Ride, Sight Seeing
HOW TO REACH SRI NAGAR
- Flight - Air travel is the fastest way to reach this paradise on earth. Srinagar has its own airport located 15 kilometers from the city. Sheikh Ul Alam International Airport (Srinagar Airport) has regular flights from Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Leh and Chandigarh. It takes about 1 hour and 5 minutes to fly from Chandigarh to Srinagar. The best answer to the question of how to get to Srinagar is to take a flight and get there in the shortest travel time. Flights such as IndiGo, GoAir and JetAirways have connecting flights from Mumbai to Srinagar.
- Rail - The nearest train station is Jammu Tawi Railway Station, which is 290 kilometers away. Travelers who are passionate lovers of Nature can choose to travel by train and traveling by train is not an expensive proposition. Traveling by train from Mumbai to his Srinagar takes a little longer, but if you're traveling with a large group of family and friends, it's a great way to get between the two destinations.
- Road - Srinagar has an excellent road network and is easily accessible by bus, car or taxi. There are no direct buses from any city to Srinagar but there is only one direct bus connecting Jammu and Srinagar. Mumbai to Srinagar is a long drive of about 37 hours to cover a distance of 2237 kilometers. Especially when traveling with family, he should split the trip into 2-3 days to avoid stress during the trip. The journey traverses major destinations such as Ahmedabad, Rajasthan and Punjab. So staying and eating on this route is fine. The distance from Delhi to Srinagar is approximately 808 kilometers and can be traveled in approximately 17 hours.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Bus - JKSRTC and private buses are available to travel to nearby areas and easily accessible. It is the fastest and cheapest transportation in Srinagar. Most public transport operates from 4am to 8pm.
- Taxi - The airport is 12 kilometers from Srinagar city. You can hire government or private taxis. Approximate cost from airport to city is Rs. 400.
- Auto - Autorickshaws are a great option for traveling short distances within the city. Average fare within Srinagar should be less than Rs. 100 if you negotiate well!
- Shikara - Srinagar and Shikara are synonyms of romance. There is no better way to experience the beauty of the valley than on a Shikara ride with your significant other. It is used by locals as their daily mode of transport and is a great way to see Srinagar's Old Town.