Pahalgam - Scenic Beauty In The Village Of Shepherds
Renowned for its scenic beauty, Pahalgam is the jewel of the scenic Liddar Valley high in the Himalayas. The environment is ideal for hiking, trekking and fishing. It is also the starting point for the annual pilgrimage to the sacred Amanath Caves. Pahalgam is also known as Pahalgom ("shepherd's village" in Kashmir), is a town near the town of Anantnag in the Anantnag district of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, which is administered by India, and a Notified Regional Board.
Best time to visit: Anytime
Things to do: River Rafting, Camping, Trout Fishing, Sightseeing
HOW TO REACH PAHALGAM
- Flight - Since Pahalgam does not have an airport of its own, the nearest airport is the Srinagar Airport. The airport is approx. 95 km away from the destination. Some of the most popular airlines include Spice Jet, Indigo, Air India and Go Air.
- Rail - Pahalgam does not have a train station, the nearest train station is Jammu Tawi, 157 km away and connected to most Indian cities. Trains that depart regularly from Jammu Railway Station include Uttar Sampark Rajdhani, Jammu Rajdhani and Jhelum Express.
- Road - Pahalgam has good access to the nearby towns of Jammu and Srinagar. There are frequent bus routes from Anantnag and Srinagar. Regular government-run buses or opulent private buses from private companies are both options.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Horse Ride - The most popular way of exploring valleys and hidden gems is Horse Riding/Ponies. Pahalgam's main attractions include a pony stand and a taxi stand. Any transport service and guide can be hired to accompany you to the sights of Pahalgam.
- Taxi - Taxis are easy to hire. You can also book through online platforms such as Uber and Ola. Fees will be charged according to the destination.
- On Foot - We recommend experiencing Pahalgam on foot, with long walks. Then the beauty of the green environment comes to life.