Warangal - Historical Destination Of Telangana - India's Sacred Attractions
With its stunning historical sites and stunning natural beauty, including Parkhal Lake, Warangal transports you back to the time of kings and queens. According to estimates, Warangal is the fifth-largest city in this state. According to mythology, it was known as Oruguallu, Omtikonda, or Ekasilanagaram mostly because of a sizable mound that appeared to have been carved out of a single block of stone.
Best time to visit: Oct-To-Mar
Things to do: Explore Pakhal Lake, Go To Thousand Pillar Temple, Seek Blessings At Ramappa Temple, Visti Warangal Fort
HOW TO REACH WARANGAL
- Flight - Warangal's airport has been inactive for a considerable amount of time. The Hyderabad Airport is the closest airport. Domestic and international flights are available from the airport to a number of locations, including Mumbai, Delhi, Bhopal, Jaipur, Varanasi, Goa, Pune, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai, Ahmadabad, Bhubaneshwar, Coimbatore, and many more. There are flights from Hyderabad to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Kuwait, Sharjah, London, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, and Riyadh, among other international destinations. Air India, Jet Airways, SpiceJet, TruJet, IndiGo, and Vistara are a few domestic airlines that operate out of Hyderabad Airport. Some international airlines include Air Asia, Etihad Airways, Emirates, Cathy Pacific, British Airways, Malaysian Airlines, Tiger Air, and Saudia.
- Rail - For rail communication with the rest of the nation, the city of Warangal has two railway stations: Warangal Railway Station and Kazipet Railway Junction. A Warangal suburb called Kazipet may be found on the other side of the city. The South Central Railways' Secunderabad Division is responsible for both stations. Trains to India's major cities include the Anandvan Express for Mumbai, Grand Trunk Express for Delhi, Kongu Express for Bangalore, East coast Express for Kolkata, and Tamil Nadu Express for Chennai. From the Warangal Railway Station, there are trains to Jharkhand, Punjab, Rajasthan, Bihar, and Madhya Pradesh.
- Road - There are numerous buses that frequently go between Telangana state's and Andhra Pradesh's cities and towns from Warangal. The main bus station from which buses depart for other places outside of Warangal is Hanamkonda. Between Warangal and Kazipet is where you'll find the Warangal suburb of Hanamkonda. The TSRTC and APSRTC (Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation) government bus services offer AC, Volvo, Deluxe, and regular buses to a number of cities.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Local Bus - In Warangal, local city buses run frequently over a number of routes. The city buses also provide transportation to the Kazipet and Hanamkonda areas.
- Cabs - To travel short distances within the city, one can hire a rickshaw on an individual or shared basis. The most often used mode of transportation in the city is the auto rickshaw. Ola Cabs' mobile application-based service is accessible in Warangal, making local transportation for visitors comfortable and simple.
- Rental - By renting a taxi, you can travel without hassle both inside the city and to the outside. Compared to other local transportation options, this is a pricey choice. Within the city, there are numerous private travel agencies that offer guided tour packages.