Grand Bazaar - The Largest And Oldest Covered Market In The World
Istanbul's Grand Bazaar (Kapalıçarşı) is one of the world's most famous shopping destinations and is the world's largest closed bazaar at 30,700 square meters. Istanbul's Grand Bazaar is often cited as the world's oldest continuously operating purpose-built market. Construction began he in 1455.
Best time to visit: Dec-To-Feb
Things to do: Shop Lamps/Lanterns, Buy Trending Affordable Clothes, Explore The Architecture And Art, Enjoy The Crowded Market
HOW TO REACH GRAND BAZAAR
- Flight - The nearest airport to the Grand Bazaar is Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW), 19.9 mi (31.3 km) away. Other nearby airports are Istanbul (IST) (33.4km) and Kutahya (KZR) (90km).
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Metro - Follow the route M2 if you want to reach your destination, Grand Bazar for an amazing souvenir shopping.
- Bus - To reach Grand Bazar, take the route numbers - 26, 28, 28T, 30D, 77A, EM1.
- Tram - Trams are easily accessible and affordable for daily commute. Follow route T1 to reach Grand Bazar.
- Taxi - Booking a cab is much easier but not exactly pocket friendly. You can order a cab from any online app or ask the hotel service to book one for you.