AGRA - City Of Love And Wonders - Top Destination In India
Agra is a city full of spectacular Mughal architecture and the location of the Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the world. Even yet, there are a tonne of other attractions in Agra besides the Taj Mahal. Whether on a family vacation, a honeymoon, a solitary getaway, or a trip with friends. Every traveler can find something to do in Agra, whether it's a romantic stroll through Mehtab Bagh with their significant other while gazing at the Taj Mahal in all its splendor or a day of fort hopping at Fatehpur Sikri where you can learn everything there is to know about Mughal architecture. Agra is a city that never gets old because to its many tourist attractions. Additionally, this city is made even more distinct by the variety of tourist attractions like Wildlife SOS and Taj Nature Walk.
Best time to visit: Aug-To-Oct
Things to do: Escape Rooms, Playdium Watch the Light and Sound Show, Balloon Safari
HOW TO REACH AGRA
- Flight - The Kheria airfield in Agra doubles as a military outpost. Only aircraft operated by Air India connect it with New Delhi; it is a seasonal commercial airport. The aircraft takes less than an hour to go from Delhi to Agra. Agra city is 13 km away from the Kheria Airport.
- Rail - Regular trains run from towns including Delhi, Jaipur, Gwalior, and Jhansi to Agra. Agra is conveniently connected to cities around the nation, including Kolkata, Mumbai, and Chennai. Agra has five railway stations: Agra Cantt Station, Agra Fort Railway Station, Raja ki Mandi, Agra City, and Idgah Railway Station. Agra Cantt Station is the principal station.
- Road - Delhi and Agra are connected by NH2 and the brand-new Yamuna Expressway. Depending on the amount of traffic and the time of day, the travel takes roughly 4-5 hours. A 4-hour trip connects Jaipur with Agra via NH11. Driving times from Lucknow and Kanpur to Gwalior and Gwalior via NH3 and NH2 are 1.5 hours and 2 hours, respectively.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Auto-Rikshaw - Less expensive than taxis, faster than walking, and very adventurous, auto-rickshaws are the best means of transportation in Agra. Prices for a single ride or a full day of service are very fluid and negotiable.
- Taxi - Just approach a taxi driver with a flat rate to begin negotiations. Prices are determined based on numerous factors: your destination, your departure point, the trip's length, the time of day, even the temperature outside.
- On Foot - Walking through central Agra is the ideal way to experience the hustle and bustle of the city. That said, getting lost is a likely possibility as the signage can be very confusing for foreigners. Be careful about the weather, winter is preferable for this mode of transport.