Bengaluru - Garden City Or Silicon Valley- The Beauty Is Intact
Bangalore (officially "Bengaluru"), also referred to as the "Garden City" and "The Silicon Valley of India," is a haven for techies. It has the biggest concentration of IT businesses in the country. When you've had your fill of geekery, there are plenty of parks, museums, natural wonders, palaces, and temples to keep you entertained. Visit Vidhana Soudha, Cubbon Park, and Bangalore's Ulsoor Lake, which is well-known for its picturesque surroundings and boating opportunities. Bangalore is also a prominent hub for Indian classical music and dance, as well as a vibrant, cutting-edge nightlife.
Best time to visit: Oct-To-Feb
Things to do: Go Karting, Take A Vineyard Tour, Paintball, Explore Snow City
HOW TO REACH BENGALURU
- Flight - Bangalore is very well connected by regular flights from Delhi, Mumbai and most other major cities in India, and international airlines also operate to and from Bengaluru International Airport, which is about 40 km from the capital.
- Road - Bangalore is connected by a network of buses to cities such as Goa, Mumbai, Pune, Coimbatore and Mangalore. Options range from regular buses to air-conditioned Volvos and sleepers. Some buses are operated by the Karnataka Road Transport Authority, but there are also many private bus companies that operate intercity buses to and from Bangalore. You can either hire a taxi or drive from nearby cities to Bangalore. Driving to Bangalore is a real pleasure thanks to its excellent roads, excellent climate and beautiful scenery.
- Rail - Bangalore has two main railway stations: Bangalore City Railway Station and Yeswanpur Junction. Both stations have regular trains from Delhi, Mumbai, Pune and other major cities. For travel within Bangalore, there is the Namma Metro (with limited connections), an intercity rail network established by the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Auto - One of the easiest and best ways to get around the city is by auto-rickshaw. Auto rickshaws are available 24 hours a day throughout the city.
- Bus - Getting around the city by bus is probably one of the cheapest and most convenient options. Bus ticket prices are a little higher than in most other states, but the service is top notch.
- Taxi - Cars and taxis are available at airports, train stations and car rental companies in the city. Hiring a car or taxi is a great way to get around the city and explore everything it has to offer. However, parking can be an issue in some of the more crowded areas of the market.