Amritsar - The Sacred And Religious City - Home To Golden Temple
The city of Amritsar offers a special fusion of tradition, culture, and history. The spiritual and cultural epicenter of Sikhism is Amritsar. The stunning and distinctive Golden Temple, which is utilized for worship and is regarded as the most sacred area, is a well-liked destination.
Best time to visit: Nov-To-Mar
Things to do: Exploring Street Food, Shopping, Jeep Safari at Harike Wetlands, Cafe hopping
HOW TO REACH AMRITSAR
- Flight - The approximate 448-kilometer rail trip from Delhi to Amritsar can be completed in 6 to 8 hours. The Shane Punjab, Amritsar Express, and Katihar Amritsar Express are a few of the trains that run between Delhi and Amritsar. You can also travel quickly by taking a superfast train to get there. Amritsar Shatabdi and Swarna Shatabdi are two examples of the extremely fast trains that run between Delhi and Amritsar.
- Train - Both public and private buses travel frequently between the two cities. Bus travel from Delhi to Amritsar typically takes 8 hours and 17 minutes. On these routes, one can find opulent Volvi, Ac, Non-Ac, Delux, and Semi Delux buses. Mahipal Pur, Sindhu, Morigate, etc. are places where buses can be boarded in Delhi.
- Bus - Both public and private buses travel frequently between the two cities. Bus travel from Delhi to Amritsar typically takes 8 hours and 17 minutes. On these routes, one can find opulent Volvi, Ac, Non-Ac, Delux, and Semi Delux buses. Mahipal Pur, Sindhu, Morigate, Lajpat Nagar, and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar are bus boarding locations in Delhi. The Alpha Mall, GT Road, Bus Stand, and Amritsar Railway Station are the deboarding locations in Amritsar.
- Car/Taxi - Given the close proximity of Delhi and Amritsar, many tourists choose to commute by car. Both Delhi and Amritsar have excellent road connections to numerous cities. Driving from Delhi to Amritsar takes about 7 hours.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Taxi - The basis for the listing of your charges is a prior reservation. Although the service is always available, there should be a waiting period after booking. Apps like Uber and Ola operate effectively.
- Rickshaw - The most notable and affordable modes of public transportation in Amritsar continue to be bicycles and auto-rickshaws. People choose to commute through it since it is conventional and practical. The service, unlike any other in the city, is highly favored since it makes you feel as though you are in a holy place.
- Local Bus - Due to the crowds, the bus service in Amritsar is not generally preferred. Although there are buses that go through the city, most people like the aforementioned two services. The buses run every day, twice at least.
SARSON DA SAAG & MAKKE KI ROTI