Ajman - The Smallest Emirate With Stunning And Scenic Beauty
The smallest of the seven emirates, Ajman is renowned for its picturesque beauty, stunning beaches, and tranquil way of life. It is also a growing economy with numerous attractions such as museums, beaches, forts and shopping malls. Ajman's beaches are the perfect place to relax in the natural beauty and enjoy the weather.
Best time to visit: Oct-To-Apr
Things to do: Go Hiking, Desert Safari, Explore Nature Reserve, Watch Camel Race
HOW TO REACH AJMAN
- Flight - Ajman is just 12 km away from Sharjah Airport, Air Arabia's main hub, which served more than 35,000 scheduled flights in 2017 with about 19 airlines. Air Arabia, Air India, Air India Express, Jet Airways and Qatar Airways operate direct flights to India and Sharjah Airport.
- Road - The fastest and easiest way to travel from Dubai to Ajman is by car, which takes about 45 minutes. A newly launched bus service is also available, offering free WiFi and movies.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Taxi - Taxis are a popular form of public transportation in Ajman. Taxis operating throughout the emirate offer the highest level of comfort and safety. Arabia Taxi and Al Raha Taxi are the two main companies operating under the supervision of the Ajman Transport Authority to provide taxi services in the emirate.
- Bus - In addition to the internal bus network, there are inter-emirate buses that help passengers reach other emirates such as Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah. The cost of bus travel between emirates varies from emirate to emirate. For example, public transport from Ajman to Sharjah costs from AED 5 per passenger.
- Ferry - Another way to tour the emirate is by riding a traditional abra/ferry, enjoying the scenic views. The Abra can accommodate up to 24 passengers and operates about 14 hours a day. Ferries operate to and from various destinations, making them accessible to everyone.