Kufri - One Of The Best Hill Station Destination For Tourists For Trekking In India
A small highland town called Kufri can be found close to Shimla. For its hiking and trekking routes, it is renowned. In the winter, adventure-seeking tourists swarm to Kufri to experience skiing and tobogganing along its snow-covered slopes. Additionally, the natural parks and recreation areas in this area draw tourists.
Best time to visit: Apr-To-Jun
Things to do: Ice Skating, Zip-lining, Paragliding, Trekking
HOW TO REACH KUFRI
- Flight - Shimla Airport, situated in Jubbarhatti and 22 kilometers from Shimla, is the main airport to Kufri. the aforementioned, the aforementioned, the aforementioned, the aforementioned (100km from Shimla). Only 6 flights a week, all run by the air charter company Jagson Airlines, connect Shimla to Delhi from this airport. There are more choices in Chandigarh, such as Jet Airways and Air Deccan, which fly to Jammu, Delhi, and Mumbai. For a connecting journey to Chandigarh, travelers from other countries can arrive at any of the major airports in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Kolkata, etc. From Chandigarh, there are many buses and taxis accessible.
- Road - Kufri is connected to other nearby towns and important Indian places like Delhi, Chandigarh, Amritsar, and Manali by well-maintained roads. Between Shimla and Kufri, as well as to Narkanda and Rampur, private and state-owned vehicles run.
- Rail - Only 13 km separate Kufri from the Shimla railway stop. There are taxis and buses that go to the city. The remainder of the country is not well connected to the Shimla railway station. It is more practical to take a train to Chandigarh or Ambala station from where you can take a cab, bus, or even the toy train to get to Shimla or Kufri.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Local Bus - Numerous local buses run throughout the city, but not in the higher areas with narrower roads. Buses drop passengers on the foot of the Hill and the peak of the mountain is just 2km, on foot!
- Taxi - In Kufri, you can hire taxis/rental and private cabs for getting around. There are only a few companies that offer cab services, and most of them are unmetered, so the cost must be determined in advance. Kufri is known for Yak riding and horse riding as a means of transportation.
- Rental - Cars can be booked on rental at low rates throughout the region from agencies like All Seasons Himachal Pradesh. Being cautious is necessary due to Kufri's curvy, narrow roadways.
- On Foot - The best adventures you can explore by yourself is on foot! Horses, mules and yaks are the common traveling options to explore the uphill areas that have slippery, curving roads. It is also common to go on hikes and treks through Kufri's forests and valleys.