Jakhu temple - The Most Popular Religious Destination Of Shimla- The Renowned Jakhu Temple
The Jakhu Temple is an attractive tourism destination and is perched atop the Jakhu Hill. It contains a 108-foot-tall idol of Lord Hanuman that is dedicated to the god. It provides expansive views of the Shivalik ranges because it is situated on the highest spot in Shimla. According to legend, Lord Hanuman made a pit halt here on his journey to find the sanjeevani plant, which was the remedy required to heal Lord Lakshmana after he was hurt during the conflict with Ravana. Another legend claims that a shrine was erected at this location as a result of one of Lord Hanuman's sandals having fallen there. The famed Ridge in Shimla is about 2.5 km distant from the temple. It acquires a heavenly allure during the monsoon season.
Best time to visit: Apr-To-Jun
Things to do: Pray With Crowded Visitors, Be Enchanted With The Vibe, Feel The Sacred Emotions And Peace, Admire The Beauty
HOW TO REACH JAKHU TEMPLE
- Flight - Shimla Airfield is not presently being used for flights. As a consequence, you must take a bus or taxi to get to Shimla from Chandigarh International Airport or Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi. Domestic aircraft are available from and to many Indian cities, including Delhi, Mumbai, Srinagar, Chennai, etc., to and from Chandigarh International Airport. Among the airlines that travel there are AirAsia India, Air India, Jet Airways, GoAir, IndiGo, SpiceJet, and Vistara. Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, where travelers from abroad can board a flight, is the closest major international airport. Both local and international destinations, such as Moscow, Sharjah, Toronto, Beijing, Mauritius, etc., are connected to it. This airport is used by Aeroflot, Air Arabia, Air Canada, and other foreign airlines.
- Rail - Shimla Railway Station is the nearest railroad station. It serves the breathtaking Himalayan paths-traveling Kalka-Shimla Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Himalayan Queen, Kalka Shimla Express, and Kalka Shimla Passenger are a few of the trains that pass through the stop.
- Road - There are many towns all over the country with excellent road connections to Shimla. Chandigarh is the largest city nearest to Shimla, and National Highway 22 (NH 22) connects the two. HRTC (Himachal Road Transport Company), which runs a fleet of buses, is the main provider of public transit in the area. Buses with air conditioning, non-air conditioning, semi-deluxe, basic, and premium options are available. Chandigarh to Shimla buses depart constantly, and daily buses travel to and from Delhi.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Cab - Since the road is paved and well-maintained, walking to the sanctuary is fairly simple. Additionally, a brand-new ropeway that runs from The Ridge straight to the temple is now in use. It is possible to hire a cab from a distance of kilometers to see the Hanuman Statue at Jakhu Temple.
- Ropeway - Shimla's first ropeway, which connects the Ridge to the well-known Lord Hanuman temple on the Jakhu peak, was officially opened today, allowing visitors to the city to take in the scenic splendor and British-era architecture from above.