Summer Hill - Shimla's Infamous Hill- One Of The Most Trending Hill Station Destination
The picturesque village is surrounded by lush vegetation and provides breathtaking views of the valley. The Summer Hill's summit offers a magnificent perspective of the town. Visitors to this lovely location can go on a nature stroll in the tranquil surroundings. Visitors can enjoy the breathtaking sunrise and sunset vistas. On this hill, with the magnificent backdrop of the alluring hill, are the Manorville Haveli and the "Himachal Pradesh University". The abundance of pine and deodar trees here is wonderful for nature enthusiasts. The breathtaking sight of the snow-covered mountains will have you returning time and time again to the area.
Best time to visit: Anytime
Things to do: Horse Back Riding, Trekking, Explore Local Food, Go On Hike Trails For Photography
HOW TO REACH SUMMER HILL
- Flight - Shimla Airport is not currently in use. As a result, to get to Shimla from Chandigarh International Airport or Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, you must hire a bus or taxi. Domestic flights operate to and from Chandigarh International Airport from and to a number of Indian towns, including Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Srinagar, Chennai, etc. AirAsia India, Air India, Jet Airways, GoAir, IndiGo, SpiceJet, and Vistara are just a few of the carriers that fly there. The closest significant international airport is Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, where visitors from overseas can catch a flight. It has connections to both domestic and foreign locations, including Moscow, Sharjah, Toronto, Beijing, Mauritius, etc. Aeroflot, Air Arabia, Air Canada, Air China, and other international carriers use this airport.
- Rail - The closest railroad stop is Shimla Railway Station. It supports the Kalka-Shimla Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that travels through breathtaking Himalayan paths. Some of the trains that run through the station are the Himalayan Queen, Kalka Shimla Express, and Kalka Shimla Passenger, among others.
- Road - Shimla has good road connections to many towns across the nation. The closest major metropolis to Shimla is Chandigarh, and National Highway 22 (NH 22) connects the two. Major towns and cities in Himachal Pradesh are linked to Shimla as well. The primary public transportation provider in the region is HRTC (Himachal Road Transport Company), which operates a fleet of buses. Select from premium, semi-deluxe, standard, air-conditioned, and non-air-conditioned buses. Buses to Shimla run continuously from Chandigarh, and there are buses coming to and from Delhi on daily basis.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Taxi/Rental - The Shimla Airport and Shimla Railway Station are other points of access to Summer Hill. To get to Summer Hill, you can alternatively take a taxi or a private cab.
- Bus - You may also board a bus, whether a private or HPSTC bus. The Summer Hill Shimla is fairly accessible.