Christ Church - The Second Largest Church In North India- Shimla's Top Attraction
The British constructed Christ Church, one of the earliest churches in North India, in 1857 to serve the area's sizable Anglican British population. The church is a top draw in Shimla because of its majestic appearance and breathtaking location. The stained glass windows in the cathedral stand for humanity, kindness, fortitude, patience, and faith.
Best time to visit: Nov-To-Apr
Things to do: Pray at the church, Admire The Architecture, Sit for the rev. speech
HOW TO REACH CHRIST CHURCH
- Flight - Flight - Shimla Airfield is not currently in use. As a result, to get to Shimla from Chandigarh International Airport or Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, you must hire a bus or taxi. Domestic flights operate to and from Chandigarh International Airport from and to a number of Indian towns, including Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Srinagar, Chennai, etc. AirAsia India, Air India, Jet Airways, GoAir, IndiGo, SpiceJet, and Vistara are just a few of the carriers that fly there. The closest significant international airport is Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, where visitors from overseas can catch a flight. It has connections to both domestic and foreign locations, including Moscow, Sharjah, Toronto, Beijing, Mauritius, etc. Aeroflot, Air Arabia, Air Canada, Air China, and other international carriers use this airport.
- Rail - The closest railroad stop is Shimla Railway Station. It supports the Kalka-Shimla Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that travels through breathtaking Himalayan paths. Some of the trains that run through the station are the Himalayan Queen, Kalka Shimla Express, and Kalka Shimla Passenger, among others.
- Road - Shimla has good road connections to many towns across the nation. The closest major metropolis to Shimla is Chandigarh, and National Highway 22 (NH 22) connects the two. Major towns and cities in Himachal Pradesh are linked to Shimla as well. The primary public transportation provider in the region is HRTC (Himachal Road Transport Company), which operates a fleet of buses. Select from premium, semi-deluxe, standard, air-conditioned, and non-air-conditioned buses. Buses to Shimla run continuously from Chandigarh, and there are buses coming to and from Delhi on daily basis.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Local Bus - The Christ Church maintains excellent transportation connectivity from all areas of the city because it is situated in the center of the hill station. 1.89 km can be traversed in one direction from Shimla Railway Station using the local bus.
- Taxi - The Shimla US Club is only a short stroll from the Christ Church, which is only 3.6 kilometers from the heart of the city. The closest bus stop is 1.2 km away, and it can be reached by local taxi.