Chadwick Falls - One Of Top Attractions In Shimla- A Beautiful Waterfall Destination
The name Chadwick was indeed obtained from "Chidku Jhaar," where "Chidku" in the local tongue denotes a sparrow and "Jhaar" a waterfall. The reason it was given that name was because the locals believed only sparrows, not people, could climb to the summit of the waterfall. The Brits began calling the waterfall Chadwick because they had trouble pronouncing the name.
Best time to visit: Jun-To-Sep
Things to do: Trekking In The Woods, Enjoy The Waterfall, Have A Picnic, Explore Nature
HOW TO REACH CHADWICK FALLS
- Flight - Shimla Airfield is not currently in use. As a result, to get to Shimla from Chandigarh International Airport or Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, you must hire a bus or taxi. Domestic flights operate to and from Chandigarh International Airport from and to a number of Indian towns, including Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Srinagar, Chennai, etc. AirAsia India, Air India, Jet Airways, GoAir, IndiGo, SpiceJet, and Vistara are just a few of the carriers that fly there. The closest significant international airport is Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi, where visitors from overseas can catch a flight. It has connections to both domestic and foreign locations, including Moscow, Sharjah, Toronto, Beijing, Mauritius, etc. Aeroflot, Air Arabia, Air Canada, Air China, and other international carriers use this airport.
- Rail - The closest railroad stop is Shimla Railway Station. It supports the Kalka-Shimla Railway, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that travels through breathtaking Himalayan paths. Some of the trains that run through the station are the Himalayan Queen, Kalka Shimla Express, and Kalka Shimla Passenger, among others.
- Road - Shimla has good road connections to many towns across the nation. The closest major metropolis to Shimla is Chandigarh, and National Highway 22 (NH 22) connects the two. Major towns and cities in Himachal Pradesh are linked to Shimla as well. The primary public transportation provider in the region is HRTC (Himachal Road Transport Company), which operates a fleet of buses. Select from premium, semi-deluxe, standard, air-conditioned, and non-air-conditioned buses. Buses to Shimla run continuously from Chandigarh, and there are buses coming to and from Delhi on daily basis.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Cab/Taxi - Chadwick Falls can be readily reached from any location in the city despite being located 7 km from the main city center. You could choose to take a cab to get to this cascade. You will travel through Summer Hill on the way there and take in the breathtaking view of the surrounding natural beauty.
- Local Bus - The Chadwick waterfall is only about a kilometer from Shimla Railway Station, and Shimla Airport is about 20 kilometers distant. From these locations, neighborhood buses can be accessed; they operate frequently.