London - London: A Regal Destination For Tourists This Season
London is the capital city of England and the United Kingdom. It is one of the most famous cities in the world, known for its rich history, culture, and iconic landmarks. London is home to several famous historical landmarks, such as the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, and the Houses of Parliament. The City is a shopper's paradise, with everything from high-end boutiques and luxury department stores to vintage shops and markets like Camden Market and Portobello Road Market.
Best time to visit: Sep-To-Nov
Things to do: Visit the famous landmarks, Explore the museums, Experience the theatre, Take a river cruise
HOW TO REACH LONDON
- Flight - London is served by several major airports, including Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton, and London City. These airports offer direct flights to many destinations around the world.
- Rail - London has several major train stations, including King's Cross, St. Pancras, Paddington, Victoria, Liverpool Street, and Euston. These stations offer connections to cities and towns throughout the UK.
- Road - London is connected to the UK's motorway network, making it easy to reach by car. The M1, M4, M11, and M25 motorways all connect to London.
- Sea - London is located on the River Thames, which flows into the North Sea. The city is also a major port, with ferries and cruise ships arriving at the Port of London and other nearby ports.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- London Underground (the Tube) - The London Underground is one of the most convenient and popular ways to get around London. It has 11 lines and covers most of the city, with trains running from early morning to late at night.
- Buses - London has a comprehensive bus network, with over 700 routes covering the city. Buses are a good option for getting around areas that are not served by the Underground.
- Overground trains - London's Overground trains cover much of the city, and are a good option for getting around areas that are not served by the Tube.
- Docklands Light Railway (DLR) - The DLR is a light rail system that serves parts of East and South London.
- Taxis - London has many black cabs, which can be hailed on the street or booked in advance. Uber and other ride-hailing services are also widely available.
- Cycling - London has a bike-sharing system called Santander Cycles, which allows you to rent a bike from one of many docking stations around the city. There are also many dedicated cycle lanes and bike routes throughout London.
- Walking - London is a great city for walking, with many attractions and landmarks within walking distance of each other. You can also take guided walking tours to explore the city's history and culture.