Gili Islands - Perfect Vacation Spot- Underwater Life And Marine Life Getaway
When you think of the Gili Islands, you can imagine images of clean, fresh turquoise waters adorned with white sand and palm trees. The Gili Islands are a world paradise. Partying until dawn, swimming with turtles, snorkeling, watching beautiful sunsets, these are the best things you can do on the Gili Islands.
Best time to visit: Jun-To-Sep
Things to do: Island Hopping, Water Sports, Snorkeling, Enjoy The Nightlife
HOW TO REACH GILI ISLANDS
- Sea - Most people travel to the Gili Islands from Bali, Lombok or Lembongan. The itinerary is simple, the price is reasonable, and it is very easy to find. Most people take the ferry to Gili T and then take a small boat to Gili Meno or Gili Air.
- Flight - Flights from Bali's Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) to the new Lombok International Airport (LOP) typically take 30 minutes. Major international airlines such as Garuda Indonesia and Lion Air are currently experiencing rapid growth. After landing at the airport in central Lombok, you will need to travel overland to Bangsal Port in the northwest. You can also reach Bangsal with the reputable Blue Bird Taxi. The roads on mainland Lombok are fairly quiet, making overland travel quick and convenient. Gilis is a 30-minute boat ride from Bangsal.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Blemo - A minibus that only runs in daytime and will take minimal charges from you to drop you off at the famous tourist spots.
- Private Renting - Most private cars are actually small minivans that comfortably seat 8-10 people. So if you can share the cost with your fellow travelers, it's a great deal.
- Taxi - Taxis are available everywhere in Java (except small villages). Bluebird and Express taxis have a good reputation. The former even has a handy mobile app for online booking.
- Ojeks - A Motorcycle Transport that only runs around nightfall, it is well-trusted by the locals for daily commute around night. It doesn't have a running meter, so bargaining is not possible, the rates are fixed.