Basilica Cistern - Cultural Landmark And Artistic Way Of Life
The Basilica Cistern is an important museum to visit during your trip to Sultanahmet. The reservoir is also a very important place in Istanbul's cultural and artistic life. Various concerts and recitals are held here. In Turkish it is also known as Yerebatan Sarayı ("The Sunken Palace") and it is one of modern Istanbul's major tourist attractions.
Best time to visit: Mar-To-May Sep-To-Nov
Things to do: Attend A Recital, Watch A Concert Here, Enjoy Your Sundays Here, Explore The Artistic Design
HOW TO REACH BASILICA CISTERN
- Flight - At a distance of 40 km from Intimate Studio Basilica Cistern, Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport is the closest airport. The distance between Basilica Cistern and Istanbul Airport, the main airport in Turkey, is roughly 20 to 30 minutes.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Metro - If you are traveling by Metro, make sure to take metro line M2 in order to reach Basilica Cistern.
- Bus - To reach Basilica Cistern from all over Istanbul, search for the following routes: 28, 38, 66, 70FE, 92B, 93C, 99Y.
- Tram - Trams are a cheap option, but can take 50 minutes or more to reach the Basilica Cistern. Tram T1 will take you to the historic cistern.
- Taxi - The easiest way to get to the Basilica Cistern from Istanbul Airport is by taxi, it will take you to the Basilica Cistern in 30-35 minutes. Taxis are available outside the airport, but online apps work there too.