Hagia Sophia - A Blend Of Historical Religion And Beautiful Art
Turkey's Hagia Sophia serves as a representation of unity, peace, and tolerance. Since Istanbul is the meeting point for all major world religions, it is a significant symbol of the city. Islamic and Christian images are mixed on the walls of Hagia Sophia. Previously a chapel and a mosque, Hagia Sophia is now a museum.
Best time to visit: Apr-To-Oct
Things to do: Explore Religious Side, Admire The Art, Know The History, Listen To Tales And Stories
HOW TO REACH HAGIA SOPHIA
- Flight - The nearest airport to Hagia Sophia Hurrem Sultan Bathhouse is Sabiha Gokcen Airport (SAW), 19.8 min (30.2 km) away. Other nearby airports are Istanbul (IST) (34.2km) and Kutahya (KZR) (91km). You can also take a flight from the busiest airport in Istanbul – Istanbul Airport, which is about 50 km away from Hagia Sophia.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Metro - If you are traveling by Metro, make sure to take metro line M2 in order to reach Hagia Sophia.
- Bus - To reach Hagia Sophia, take Bus routes - 28, 30D, 36ES, 38, 47K, 93C from your location.
- Tram - Take Tram Route T1 to reach Hagia Sophia in approx 5-10 min.
- On foot - It will take around 20 min walk from wherever you are to reach Hagia Sophia.
- Taxi - Order a cab or hail a taxi, it will take you approx. 4.4 km to reach Hagia Sophia.