Kolkata (Calcutta) - City Of Joy- Kolkata Is A Popular Tourist Attraction Of India
Kolkata is recognized for its colonial buildings, art galleries, cultural centers, traditional cuisine, temples, music, and theater. It combines conventional and contemporary elements. It is well-known for its theater and movies. It is the home of Rabindranath Tagore, and every home can be heard playing Rabindra Sangeet.
Best time to visit: Oct-To-Feb
Things to do: Attend An Art Gallery, Take a Ferry Ride, Wildlife Trek in the Sundarbans, Spend a Day in Kumortuli
HOW TO REACH KOLKATA
- Flight - According to the frequency of aircraft traffic, Kolkata's airport is the fifth largest in all of India. All of the main cities, including Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Bhubaneshwar, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Lucknow, and Chennai, are easily accessible from there. Air India, Air India Regional, Jet Airways, SpiceJet, IndiGo, Blue Dart Aviation, GoAir, and Spirit Air are just a few of the active airlines that use it as their hub. The city is directly connected to international locations like Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Dhaka, Hong Kong, Dubai, Doha, Abu Dhabi, Medina, Singapore and more by international airlines like AirAsia, Bhutan Airlines, Biman Bangladesh Airlines, Dragonair, Emirates, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways, Saudia, Singapore Airlines, and SriLankan Airlines.
- Road - National Highways allow Kolkata to be reasonably linked to the Indian mainland. The primary bus terminal for interstate and intercity buses is Esplanade Bus Station. Kolkata's intricate bus infrastructure even connects it to Bangladesh.
- Rail - Kolkata has excellent train connections to almost all of India's major stations. It acts as a significant entry point to northeastern India. Railway connections to important places like Delhi, Mumbai, and Chennai are simple.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Local Bus - The bus system in this "City of Joy" is sophisticated, vast, and reasonably priced, and it connects all parts of the city, including the suburbs. In Kolkata, a wide range of buses travel the city's streets, including numerous private buses, AC and non-AC government buses, and luxury buses operated by the CSTC (Calcutta State Transport Corporation), CTC (Calcutta Tramways Company), and WBSTC (West Bengal Surface Transport Corporation). They link West Bengal's borders and surrounding regions in addition to the interior and limits of the city.
- Metro - The first metro rail network in the nation, Kolkata Metro Railways, began offering business services in 1984. It has developed into one of the city's fastest and most convenient transit systems today.
- Taxi - There are plenty of taxis, pre-paid taxis, autorickshaws, and private cabs accessible throughout the city as well as at the airport and railway stations. Additionally, the taxi services are accessible online.
- Rental - You have access to simple vehicle and bike rentals all over the city. There are numerous businesses that provide standard, semi-deluxe, luxury, and affordable vehicle support. If you love riding motorcycles, you have the option to explore the city on the rental of your preferred motorcycle model.