Puducherry (Pondicherry) - The French Influenced Trending Destination In India
Puducherry (previously Pondicherry), a small Union territory in India that was a French colony until 1954, still has a distinctively French atmosphere and culture. It has a meditative atmosphere, pristine beaches, and backwaters in addition to an unexpected variety of foods. Pondicherry is also referred to as "The Indian Riviera" or the "Côte d'Azur of the East," or vice versa. The city's French colonial atmosphere makes it a famous tourist destination in South India.
Best time to visit: Oct-To-Mar
Things to do: Jet Skiing, Take A Boat Ride, Scuba Diving, Dinner Cruise At A Yacht
HOW TO REACH PUDUCHERRY
- Flight - Currently, Air Pegasus is the only airline that flies from Bangalore to Pondicherry Airport. Travelers from other Indian cities can get to Bangalore's Kempegowda International Airport and take a connecting journey to Pondicherry. The airport has excellent connections to many places both inside and outside of India. Another choice is to fly to Chennai International Airport and then take a bus, rail, or taxi to Pondicherry. The Chennai airport has excellent connections to international cities like Sharjah, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Mauritius, London, Hong Kong, and others in addition to Indian cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Kolkata, etc. Leading domestic and foreign airlines include Air Arabia, Air Mauritius, AirAsia, Air Costa, Air India, Air Pegasus, and Jet Airways, among others.
- Rail - The railway station in Puducherry has excellent connections to many Indian towns, including Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Mangalore, etc. Numerous high-speed trains, including the Auroville Express, Chalukya Express, New Delhi Superfast Express, Bhubaneswar Superfast Express, Mangaluru Express, Kanyakumari Express, and many others, provide service to it.
- Road - Through Mahabalipuram, the East Coast Road links Pondicherry and Chennai. Regular buses are offered from Chennai by the Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation. (TSRTC). State highways link it to numerous other towns and cities in Tamil Nadu, including Cuddalore, Tiruvannamalai, Velankanni, and many more. Through an extensive system of national highways, cities in the neighboring states, including Bangalore, Mysore, Hyderabad, etc., are also linked to Pondicherry.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Local Bus - Pondicherry is connected to different areas of the city as well as to other towns in the union territory, including Yanam, Mahé, and Karaikal, by the Puducherry Road Transport Corporation (PRTC). Buses with regular, express, luxury, ultra-deluxe, and semi-low floors are all options.
- Auto - In Pondicherry, shared "tuk-tuks" and auto rickshaws are readily accessible and reasonably priced. Additionally well-liked are private taxi services and on-demand apps like Ola Cabs.
- Rental - In Pondicherry, bicycles and two-wheelers are common forms of transportation. You can simply and affordably rent a bike, motorcycle, or scooter. Cars can also be rented, with Savaari, Clear Car Rental, and Pondicherry Car among the well-known providers.
PESTO CHICKEN PIZZA