Golden Temple - Golden City of India
In the center of Punjab, Amritsar is an important business and cultural hub. The religious and artistic hub of the Sikh faith is the Harmandir Sahib, also referred to as the Golden Temple, which is situated in the city. Observe the Indian and Pakistani soldiers as they depart at night from the Jallian Wala Bagh, the scene of the 1919 Amritsar Massacre, and the Wagha Border.
Best time to visit: All Time
Things to do: Exploring Street Food, Cafe hopping, jeep Safari at Harike Wetlands, Shopping
HOW TO REACH GOLDEN TEMPLE
- Flight - The flight to Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport is the quickest method to get from New Delhi to Amritsar and takes 1h 5m. From Delhi's Indira Gandhi International Airport, one can choose from a number of flights that go to Amritsar. Many airlines, including Indigo, Air India, Jet Airways, and others, fly everyday between Delhi and Amritsar.
- Rail - The approximate 448-kilometer train trip from Delhi to Amritsar can be completed in 6 to 8 hours. The Shane Punjab, Amritsar Express, and Katihar Amritsar Express are a few of the trains that run between Delhi and Amritsar. Amritsar Shatabdi and Swarna Shatabdi are two superfast trains that can be used to get there in a hurry.
- Road - Both public and private buses travel frequently between the two towns. Bus travel from Delhi to Amritsar typically takes 8 hours and 17 minutes. On these lines, one can find opulent Volvi, Ac, Non-Ac, Delux, and Semi Delux buses. Mahipal Pur, Sindhu, Morigate, Lajpat Nagar, and Sanjay Gandhi Transport Nagar are bus departure locations in Delhi. The Alpha Plaza, GT Road, Bus Stand, and Amritsar Railway Station are the de-boarding locations in Amritsar. Given the close proximity of Delhi and Amritsar, many visitors choose to commute by car. The distance between Delhi and Amritsar by car is 450 km, and both cities have good road connections to other locations.
HOW TO GET AROUND
- Taxi - The basis for the listing of your costs is a prior reservation. Although the service is always available, there should be a waiting period after reserving. You can also hire the cab on a daily basis, and it will drive you to your preferred location. Applications like Uber and Ola operate effectively.
- Auto - The most notable modes of public transportation in Amritsar continue to be bicycles and auto-rickshaws. People prefer to travel through it because it is conventional and practical. The service, unlike any other in the city, is highly favored because it makes you feel as though you are in a holy place. It is affordable and fair.
- Local Bus - Due to the crowds, the bus service in Amritsar is not generally favored. Although there are buses that travel through the city, most people favor the aforementioned two services. But there is one bus service that is popular and brings smiles to many people's expressions.